Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Interview Rejection Letter



Dear John Smith and Company,

Thank you for inviting me to an interview for the media position. Although you were included in a highly competitive group of potential workplaces, after careful consideration I regret to inform you that you were not selected.

Although there is no way to lessen the disappointment, I would like to point out that your comments about how you are overworked and your department is actually a total dump, offered casually as we walked towards the interview location to meet the committee, did not help your case.

I appreciate you taking the time to speak with me and wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors.

Sincerely,
Marlo

PS: Even though your rejection letter arrived physically in the mail before I even got around to writing mine, I technically rejected you first, because I decided immediately after the interview while driving home on the very long and traffic filled commute. So that means I win, you lose. (And that's what we are all about in this game, winners and losers.)

No comments:

Post a Comment