Sunday, October 12, 2008

Verse 11 - Goodbyes



In Albuquerque, the Women's Earth Alliance - Transformative Advocacy 08 group said our goodbyes over searing enchiladas that brought tears to my eyes and cleaned out my sinuses. The heat made me feel alive. To say goodbye we played a game. Each of us had to share what quality of the others had stood out in our minds. It was like a mirror of encouragement reflecting back at you, urging you to be your best version, because that's who you really are.

On the plane back home I met a man who had just flown out to New Mexico to learn about earthships. He was planning to build one on his land in New Mexico. We raged on about the changes we wanted to see, the ills and goods of American society, and then parted ways.

Although I may never see many of these ladies again, I feel strengthened to know they are out there. And, I think this trip has changed me in ways I don't yet understand.

For me - now, the editing of the footage has begun. I'm aiming for the end of the year or the beginning of 2009 for a finished film of the trip. I'll post a note here when its complete.

No comments:

Post a Comment